Monday 21 February 2011

Experimental Typography

After recently being inspired by Gary Nicholson (http://munchypotato.blogspot.com/) and his Experimental Typography projects I decided to hunt out some previous ones of my own.  Below is my 3D typeface entitled "AQT".  It's sculptural design means that each letter form can be viewed from any angle as an abstract piece but only from certain views is it legible. 

I intend to go back to my designs in the upcoming months and improve (not only the photos) but the final promotional poster.  If anyone has any suggestions on how to improve my design in any way please drop me a comment.  I'm personally considering playing with video recording or (it was suggested to me) incorporating architecture into the presentation.  Let me know what you think...

 A select few letters - Can you guess what they are?



Final Promotional Poster - The aim was to challenge the legibility of the letter forms by playing with close cropping and out of focus photography (probably the only time I've ever intended for a picture to be blurred).


Details of the quote from the poster







No comments:

Post a Comment