Sunday 27 February 2011

1st attempt at Data-bending

So after spending nearly an entire day writing for my dissertation I decided I needed to destroy something. After recently seeing Lee Freeman (http://leewisegamgee.blogspot.com/) do some crazy data-bending I thought I'd give it a go and just see what happens.  This is my first ever attempt at data-bending and I have to say, after spending over half an hour playing with this image... I am none the wiser lol.

It was great fun though and I intend to better my 'skills' (if you can call them that lol) as I have a few ideas I'd like to try out.




I didn't do anything major in this picture.  I copied and pasted some of the data in amongst itself at different locations and changed the numbers of a few sections to alter the colour.  I swear I also saw little Apple Mac signs in the coding at places and come the end of it a random link appeared on my desktop.  It must have came from the file but it doesn't seem to lead anywhere.  It's all very odd and crazy.


In future I'll keep a record of my process so you can all see what I did wrong lol.

1 comment:

  1. its cause i used lightroom on my mac for that series of photos. thats where it'll have picked up apple coding. ahaha.

    ReplyDelete