Tuesday 1 February 2011

What Next Exhibition

 My most recently completed project was a quick brief set by my course leaders.  They presented our studio with the task of designing a poster for our end of year exhibition.  The brief was very open and with no restrictions.  The exhibition itself includes more than just the Graphic Design course and this was something we all had to bare in mind.

Unfortunatly I have to admit that the incredibly cool type face I'm using for the title of the exhibition is not one I designed myself.  I actually found it on Buro Destruct's type store http://www.typedifferent.com I recommend you all drop by their shop as some of their fonts (like the one I've used here) are completely free.




As well as designing the poster we had to create a mail-out/postcard to send of to specially selected invitees.  Underneath I have shown both the front and back to my design; the idea being that the lines from the type extend to create the background on the reverse side.





Our lecturers have yet to choose a finally design for the exhibition so fingers crossed my gets selected.  Either way these are only the screen mock ups.  When I get the chance I intend to print them off only some nicely selected paper and perhaps with a little spot varnishing and other fancy touches.  As soon as I do I'll post pics of them up for you all to see.

Please feel free to let me know what you think and if there are any weaknesses you feel I have missed and should amend before printing of some ace quality versions.

No comments:

Post a Comment