Monday 26 September 2011

The Dead Wrestlers Society

For those of you unaware I am a longtime fan of Pro Wrestling (I'm expecting the jokes to hitter my twitter any moment now lol) and was extremely excited when I came across these illustrations for the exhibition The Dead Wrestlers Society (http://www.thedeadwrestlersociety.com/).

I know I don't normally feature illustrations on my blog but I felt these just had to be shared. The illustrators have really captured the wrestlers character and personality in their approaches. I particularly like The Sheik and Bam Bam Bigelow pieces, but I thought I'd include some other wrestlers you just may recognize.

I have to admit these make me want to go off and start sketching some of my current favorite superstars. Maybe I'll do my own series of the future legends of the sport (Yeah I know... I'm a dork lol).









No comments:

Post a Comment